What are the key components of the your aesthetic clinic management software? If you don’t have this software yet, here is what you need and why it is important.
- Flexible Scheduler – Your scheduling system should allow you to create appointments today, in the future and incorporate unpaid and prepaid treatments. This also includes package treatments that can be consumed over time. A good example of this is a package of laser hair removal treatments that are prepaid and scheduled one at a time over a number of months. You system should calculate how many remain and what is available to be scheduled next.
- Online Booking/Scheduling – patients should be able to schedule at least some appointment types online. Some clinics are hesitant to start doing this out of fear of losing control of their schedule but if you are using the right software this won’t happen and the system is sophisticated enough to keep your schedule organized but also more efficient because you are taking some of the burden off your staff to schedule all appointments.
- Tracking Injectable Treatments – Injectables such as Botox and Fillers are the worlds most popular treatments and you should have detailed reporting and analytics about what you and your staff are doing. This is critical to understanding opportunities for improvement and maximizing revenue.
- Marketing/Retention – Your aesthetic clinic management software should be able to market directly to your patients based on any number of parameters, not the least of which is procedure performed, amount spent, toxin used etc… If you can’t market to your existing patients, you can never scale your business efficiently.
- Photo Integration – Your medical aesthetics software should also incorporate photography right into the system so you aren’t dealing with more than one software solution to manage photos. This also means more than just taking low quality photos on your phone or ipad, you require DSLR quality images to create meaningful before and after images to protect yourself and highlight patient results.
- Google Reviews – Google is the most important and impactful review system today that all patients use. If you are not actively requesting google reviews from your patients, you are going to be managing bad reviews, it’s as simple as that. Your medical spa emr software should be able to help you get more google reviews to proactively manage this aspect of your clinic marketing.
- Analytics/Reporting – This is the most overlooked component of aesthetic clinic management software and is seen as an item that can be almost glossed over and treated with minimal respect. Detailed analytics of your business is the only way to truly assess where you have been and where you are going. Proper clinic and business decisions can only be made when you know and understand your numbers. Your software should make this very simple and guide you in the right direction.